Work with BDO FMA
BDO FMA’s automation & technology team has worked closely with Intacct for a while now. And we like it so much, we’ve created a few of our own Intacct-based tools to manage nonprofit finance challenges like managing multiple grants.
Read more at the Sage Intacct website»
Sage Intacct offers the following benefits:
- Up to eight dimensions in the Chart of Accounts
- Unlimited journals
- Workflow approvals within the system for accounts payable, cash management, and employee expense reports
- Ability to attach documents to transactions
- Ability to import built-in templates
- Ability to import credit card statement transactions
- Ability to import bank statements
- Ability to view disbursement checks before printing
- Set automatic email notifications for issuance of disbursements and request for approvals
- Automatically allocate costs across programs
Configuration and Implementation
With an Intacct Configuration & Implementation engagement, BDO FMA will design and implement a configuration of the Intacct accounting and financial reporting software program appropriate for your organization. BDO FMA will also train your staff on the redesigned accounting processes, as well as the usage of Intacct.
We begin the configuration phase by installing the chart of accounts and dimensions identified during the design phase, and importing beginning balances at the trial balance level.
Intacct is available through BDO FMA for implementation at three levels:
- Set up Chart of Accounts
- General Ledger configuration including: create journals, beginning balances, monthly T/B for previous FY and current FY before go-live date
- Accounts Payable configuration Including: vendors, open invoices, 1099 balances
- Accounts Receivable configuration including: customers, open A/R invoices
- Cash management configuration including: bank accounts, charge card transactions, ACH
- Create basic Dashboards
- Create Direct Allocations tables
- Customized reporting
- Advanced Dashboards Customization
- Employee expense tracking
- Order entry
Includes additional services such as
- Setting up statistical analysis (e.g. COA, journals, customized reporting)
- System redesign
- Cleaning up historical data and mapping
- Cleaning up General Ledger – detailed transactions for current FY before the go-live date
FMA can follow the Implementation phase with customized services to ensure your system continues to be used as designed and to support future onboarding of new staff.
Training Design and Delivery – We will customize and deliver training for your staff on key processes and Intacct functionality, including key forms and templates used in your Intacct design.
Customized User Manual – With our intimate knowledge of your system’s configuration and integrations, we will create a customized manual with instructions and guides specific to your organization.