Hilda Polanco and Joan Garry discuss how to create a smart nonprofit budgeting process that works on the Nonprofits Are Messy podcast
You’ll hear them discuss…
- How can you call it a plan if it’s constantly changing?
- Who needs to be involved?
- What are the best ways to mitigate tension between program and development staff?
- What is a zero-based budget?
- What is the board’s role?
- What type of communication should follow a board-approved budgeting process?
- Should you break down elements of a program based budget prior to seeking funding?
- What is a working capital credit line and what’s the criteria around applying for one?
- Forecast vs. Actual… when do you revise a budget?